Garden Wise in the Community
Here at Garden Wise we like simple things; simple things like true quality coffee, the freshest of food, the smile with the service, the simple hello, it’s great to see you again.
At Garden Wise we support local schools, community groups and charities in various ways.
In the last 3 years garden Wise has raised approx. £14,000 with Santa’s grotto. All proceeds from the Grotto are donated to Dumfries Devorgilla Rotary Club, for distribution to many local charities and good causes.
Just recently through the sales of Poppy feeders we have donated a staggering £7.000 to Dumfries and Maxweltown Branch of the Royal British Legion Scotland.
Our help is aimed at the education and practical support of different organisations and each group is selected on its own merits. Unfortunately due to the large number of requests made to us we are unable to supply raffle prizes. Requests for practical help should be made in writing giving as many details of the organisation and help required.
Just some of the organisations we have helped recently include.
- Mouswald primary school
- Laurieknowe nursery
- Lockerbie Wildlife trust
- Break through breast cancer
- Macmillan cancer
- Troqueer Primary school
- Lochmaben pipe Band
- Dumfries and Lockerbie agricultural society
- Peoples project
- Cancer research
- Camden garden centre charitable trust
- Stewartry branch of Support in Mind Scotland
- Dumfries and Galloway Befriending Project
- Hardgate primary school
- Dunscore pre school group
- St Michaels Primary school
- Dumfries and District Music Festival Association
- Dumfries Devorgilla Rotary Club
- Glencairn and Tynron Horticultural Society
- Dumfries and Maxweltown branch Royal British Legion Scotland.
- Marie Curie cancer care
- 3 wheel Scotland.